As a seasoned, Licensed Professional Landscape Architect, I am here to help you create your personal oasis, select the best site and/or views for your home, improve the curb appeal of your home, or develop your commercial property. I can offer you a myriad of services and design options for your property. My residential projects include new construction and remodels, and I create sustainable designs and/or Xeriscape designs. I can create just the Design or I can manage the project through my Design/Build Contracting Services. I take great pleasure in bringing a unique blend of styles and creativity not common in the Mississippi market. My goal is to bring an element of Wow! to all my client’s designs.
I couldn’t be more thrilled to be able to do what I love every single day. I would love the chance to talk with you about your needs and how I could best meet those needs. Just call or text me at 601.966.3581 or email me here.
For more details about what qualifies me to be your Landscape Architect, please click on the topics below.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
I have over 30 years of Landscape Architecture experience with extensive experience in both the residential market and high-end commercial markets. I work with projects and budgets of any size. A natural, meandering style or a contemporary, urban style. An outdoor cooking and living area or a secluded relaxing spot nestled in your backyard. Or a pool complete with fountains. Whether you need to improve the curb appeal of your home so you can get the best possible price, or you want to create the oasis of your dreams in your backyard, I’m able help you. Or, if you need to discuss a site’s potential for residential or commercial use, I’m available to discuss feasible options with you.
Here’s what you can expect from me as your Landscape Architect:
- Solid personal and professional reputation
- Frequent contact and availability by phone or email
- Strategic planning
- Unique, inspired designs
- Respecting your time frame and diligently working within that time frame
- Working within your budget to produce the best space, at the best price
- A professional team of contractors to build out my designs
RESIDENTIAL DESIGN SERVICES
I can create design plans for you or I can create the designs and manage the build as a Licensed Residential & Commercial Contractor. I’m available to do as much–or as little–as you want. I’m licensed as a Landscape Architect in Mississippi and Florida and have the ability to be licensed in any state through CLARB. This means that you can concentrate more on the design you want and not worry about if I’m able to work in your state.
Here’s a general list of Residential Services, Designs & Project Management that I can provide for you:
- Design Only
- Design/Build (I’m a Licensed Residential & Commercial Contractor.)
- Conceptual Design
- Phasing Plans
- Project/Construction Management
- Site Analysis, Selection & Planning
Here’s a general list of design elements I can provide for you:
- Outdoor Fireplaces, Kitchens, Fire Pits & BBQs
- Swimming Pools and Spas & Water Features
- Outdoor Living Spaces & Seating
- Arbors, Pergolas, Gazebos & Trellis Work
- Paths, Patios, Walkways, Steps & Driveways
- Landscape Plantings & Edging
- Retaining Walls, Fencing, Gates & Decks
- Landscape & Exterior Lighting
- Tennis Courts, Putting Greens & Outdoor Recreational Areas
COMMERCIAL DESIGN SERVICES
I’ve worked hard to distinguish my company by offering a high level of integrity and creativity, a personal working relationship with the Owner/Principal of the firm and a commitment to completeness and satisfaction. Whether you have a small project or a multi-year project, I’m here to help you develop the land to its best possibilities.
- Civic & Institutional Designs
- Community Amenities Designs
- Community Master Plan Designs
- Luxury Multi-Family Designs
- Resorts & Hospitality Designs
- Site Capacity Studies & Permitting
COMMON LANDSCAPE PROBLEMS & SOLUTIONS
I can help you solve common landscape problems so you can relax and enjoy your property. And, these solutions don’t have to include heavy equipment trampling on your grass or massive expenses coming out of your wallet. Let me show you how I developed solutions for these common landscape problem areas here.
Site planning is both an art and a science. Professional Landscape Architects (PLA) like me create outdoor spaces for people to enjoy. Site planning comes in various scales whether a small patio space, a yard with several acres, a commercial area or an entire community/region. Licensed Landscape Architects develop site plans for the grounds surrounding homes and businesses.
As your Landscape Architect, I’m able to envision how your property can best be used to take advantage of its natural conditions and views, and how you can utilize the land to its greatest extent possible. I can help you strategically locate your house on a property so vehicular and pedestrian circulation and parking are intuitive as guests arrive and as you use the home. Check out more on Residential Site Planning here.
Likewise, I work with commercial clients to ascertain how best to utilize the land for commercial ventures. I’m a full-service landscape architectural firm, and I’m able to provide comprehensive solutions for commercial clients. Check out Land Planning for Commercial Clients here.
- Licensed Professional Landscape Architect (PLA)
- Member, American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA)
- Mississippi Landscape Architect License: 585
- Florida Landscape Architect License: LA0001610
- Landscape Architect CLARB Record: 37465
- Mississippi Building Construction (Commercial/Residential) Contractor License: 22888MC
- Licensed Mississippi REALTOR Broker Associate License: B-19648
- Mississippi Certified Real Estate Designations: ABR, SRES & RENE
DESIGN AWARDS & RECOGNITION
I’m not one to brag, but I am proud of my work and designs, several of which have won industry awards and/or been featured in magazines:
- Best of Mississippi Award for New Commercial Construction–Wright’s Mill Community Pool–Madison, MS–Awarded by Homebuilder’s Association of Mississippi
- Best Multi-family Community of the Year and Best Mid-Rise Apartment–Fusion 1560 City Apartment Homes–St. Petersburg, FL—Awarded by Pillars of the Industry Awards, National Association of Homebuilder’s
- Project of the Year (National): Mid-Rise Podium or Wrap–Fusion 1560 City Apartment Homes–St. Petersburg, FL–Awarded by Multifamily Executive
- Excellence Award: Silver Award Best New Development Mid-Rise–Fusion 1560 City Apartment Homes–St. Petersburg, FL–Awarded by Multi-Housing News (MHN)
- South Carolina Chapter, American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) Honor Award for Design–Marriott Grand Hotel Resort and Spa–Point Clear, AL (in prior association with Wood+Partners, Inc.)
- South Carolina Chapter, ASLA Merit Award–Marriott’s Grande Ocean Resort–Hilton Head Island, SC (in prior association with Wood+Partners, Inc.)
- Marriott’s Grand Hotel Resort–Voted “One of the World’s Best Resorts” by Travel+Leisure magazine (in prior association with Wood+Partners, Inc.)
- Tri-State ASLA President’s Award of Excellence–South Carolina Chapter of ASLA–”Documentary of Landscape Architecture in South Carolina”
- Wright’s Mill Community Pool–Madison, MS—–Featured in May/June 2012 Landscape issue of Mississippi Magazine
MORE THAN A LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT
The addition of real estate services was a natural progression after more than 20 years as a Landscape Architect. I am a Licensed Broker Associate with Guckert Realty Group, LLC, and I work with both Buyer Clients and Seller Clients.
With a background in Landscape Architecture, I’m able to bring unique insights and benefits to my clients. I add value to my Buyer Clients by providing vision for ways to create or rework exterior spaces to better accommodate their needs and desires. I can help buyers see the potential–or the pitfalls–of properties based on how they want to use their outdoor spaces. I provide my Seller Clients professional advice on ways to improve curb appeal and best position their home to sell, even if working on a shoestring budget.
I’m committed to making my client’s transition as financially beneficial and as easy as possible, making sure all the bases are covered for a streamlined closing. When you are considering selling or purchasing your home, you will benefit greatly from credible information, an experienced perspective, and genuine caring. You need representation you can trust, and I hope you will call or contact me anytime (without obligation) to discuss your needs. I am here to help, and I can make a crucial difference in your results.
It should be noted I will not in any manner attempt to divert another real estate agent’s client to my own when that client comes to me for landscape services. I commit to those agents and their clients that I will only provide landscape services to anyone that is under contract with another real estate agent.
My faith drives all I do. It keeps me grounded, honest and fair in both my personal life and business ventures. My family and I are very active at Broadmoor Baptist Church in Madison, where I serve as a deacon. I’ve been blessed with a wonderful family—my beautiful wife of 25 years, Helen, and our two incredible sons, Reid and Will.
I value being known as a man of integrity, and I believe in treating others as I would want to be treated. I value all my clients, and I put in the same energy, hard work, and creative services into each design and transaction. I get enthusiastic about helping my clients whether they are Residential or Commercial Landscape Architecture Clients or Real Estate Buyer or Seller Clients.
WHAT IS A LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT?
Landscape Architects are people who are passionate about the environment and society and how they interact with one another. They work as the link between the environment, wildlife, the population and the built environment. Their work combines vision, art, design and science.
Landscape Architects must consider how a space will be used to its best aesthetic abilities and how land and spaces are will be used over time thus they have a significant impact on communities and our quality of life. They balance human needs with environmental sustainability, so the landscape can be enjoyed and maintained through the generations. Landscape Architects are the masters of creating liveable spaces.
And, a significant amount of education and licensure is required to obtain the title Landscape Architect.
Check this out for more information on Landscape Architects and how they differ from the guy who just plants flowers and mows grass (no offense to that guy).